Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ref: Tickle Me Elmo

I received this email a couple of weeks ago. It still makes me laugh!

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes
> > the Tickle Me Elmo
> > toys.
> > The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.
> >
> > Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory
> > and she reports for
> > her first day promptly at 8:00 AM.
> > The next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the
> > Personnel Manager's
> > door.
> > The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant
> > about the new
> > employee.
> >
> > He complains that she is incredibly slow and the
> > whole line is backing
> > up, putting the entire production line behind
> > schedule.
> >
> > The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for
> > himself, so the 2
> > men march down to the factory floor.
> >
> > When they get there the line is so backed up that
> > there are Tickle Me
> > Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really
> > beginning to pile
> > up.
> >
> > At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by
> > mountains of Tickle
> > Me Elmo's.
> > She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of
> > small marbles.
> >
> > The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little
> > piece of fabric,
> > wraps
> > it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew
> > the little package
> > between Elmo's legs.
> >
> > The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter.
> > After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself
> > together and
> > approaches Lena.
> >
> > "I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a
> > straight face, "but
> > I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you
> > yesterday..."
> > Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."
> >



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "wanderer".. these stories are cool, when are you going to really push our minds to think..

I think I speak for all us who read your blog when I saw we want your ideas..

Love
"anonymous"

wanderer said...

...sounds like work! I have to think about how to make you think? Wow. Ok, How about this: Hillary or Barack? This is creating BIG problems for me right now and causing me to think!

Anonymous said...

Hillary or Barrack isn't thought provoking.. Thats like asking, do I want a hot dog or... a hot dog...

We both know neither will stray far enough from their party to actually make a change/s for the better..

Enough with the water cooler talk! I want an IDEA!

Love,
Anonymous

wanderer said...

Anonymous: This "water cooler talk" is about as good as it's gonna get. I sure hope you'll find what you are looking for, 'cause I think this blog is just going to disappoint you.