Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Perception IS Reality

I was sent a link to a short film (in French) yesterday. Even though I don't speak a single word of French, I'm going to jump off into the deep end and tell you all what the 8+ minute film was about. And this is the point...what it was about was how I perceived it. Being in a language I didn't understand allowed me to "interpret" more than if the words had been laid down at my feet.

Short and sweet, I belive this was what the film was about - maybe the intention was another one - but this is what I took from it: The sound that some may here as the music of life can be the sound of misery and torment for others. Thoughts to ponder as we head into the "happy" holiday season....

To the Film producer (and cameraperson for half of it)...Well done! I enjoyed it because it was meaningful and creative!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Yeah, the film was mainly about how my character is depressed (mainly because her cat has died) and she wants to die too, but the only thing that is saving her is the fact that she can hear the music and needs to know where it's coming from. At the end when I find out that the tree is the source of the music, I get angry and attack the tree (which I come to associate with all my problems), and after I'm done attacking the tree, the music starts again....So, the music is more about life...you can be tormented by life, you can angry at life, you can even try attacking life...but it still goes on when all is said and done.